New Management Measures for Famous Brands
The State General Administration for Quality Supervision and Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) has recently announced the "Measures for the Management of Chinese Famous Brand Products".
The new measures specify the eight prerequisites of a famous brand:
1. Conformity with state law and industrial policy.
2. In terms of quality, the product should command a leading position in the domestic market 3. and reach an advanced level by international standards. In terms of market share, export earnings and reputation, the product should be among the best of its kind on the domestic market.
3. In terms of annual sales, profits tax paid, profit per unit cost and contribution to total assets ratio, the product should be among the best in the industry.
4. The production enterprise should be equipped with advanced production technology and equipment and is a leader in terms of technological innovation and product development.
5. The product should be manufactured in compliance with a domestic standard that is comparable to international standards or the advanced standards in foreign countries.
6. The enterprise should possess sound measuring, inspection and testing systems.
7. The enterprise should possess a sound and effective quality assurance system.
8. The enterprise should offer excellent after-sale service with a high level of customer satisfaction.
The evaluation of famous Chinese brands is an annual exercise conducted on enterprises free of charge.
Source: HKTDC, see here.